Thursday, November 22, 2012

New layout - old photos!!

I made a fabulous discovery a few weeks ago - a stack of  photos from my oldest boys when they were babies - they were mostly pre digital so First of all there are not as many of them!  and they arent  just sitting on my computer ready to print off when I want so I've had fun going back and scrapping some of the boys  baby photos in a more current style!!

Here is a step by step using the fabulous Carta Bella Alphabet Junction papers from My2angels.net - beautiful quality - if you love My minds Eye and Crate paper quality papers -  you will love these!!

So for this layout of Lachlan when he was a baby I  have used the Carta Bella Dear little Dots paper - I have used the blue reverse  side for my background.

I have then cut large  flag shapes from  Delightful stripe, Simple scallops and Ive used the reverse side of simple scallops for the third flag.  I have then distressed all the edges and run ink around the edges before doodling on the edges.



I have then used Bakers twine to thread them together - you will need a good strong needle!  As I have looped the twine I have also added the cool lollipop charm and the Make a Wish tag from the Birthday Boy green Presents embellishments .  This gives additonal interest and dimension to the banner.




I have then cut a selection of hexagons from the Honeycomb paper  and I have added some to the middle banner and some to the bottom right side of the layout...


I have then selected a range of stickers from the Alphabet Junction sticker sheet and added them to the edges of the photo and also  to decorate the flags.



I also used the coordinating Alpha stickers for the title


Finally add some journalling and you are done..... awesome papers with such versatility I can use these over and over .....Pop inMy2angels.net and tell Tracy I said Hi - she always has a bonus freebie on offer too!!!!














4 comments:

Apartment Software said...

Very fantastic post.I really appreciate you for sharing this great post.It,s extremely good and very helpful for me..

Kerala Tour said...

Very fantastic and very well-written post.Amazing layout with new look.I like it.Thanks a lot for this good sharing.

Cheap Custom Lapel Pins said...

what a nice and amazing layout.Really i like it.

Commercial Real Estate Software said...

New layout is really nice and these pics i think old ?