Thursday, October 11, 2012

Some more PRIMA Craftsmen

Hi all

Back again with some  fabulous Prima Craftsman from My2angels.  You have to love it when Prima who are SO fabulous at  girly pretty  papers  turn their skills   to boyish papers and totally ROCK IT!!!

I have used a Kraft background for this layout as I wanted to create my own grungy  look background.  I have done this using Tim Holtz Distress inks and some glimmer mist and some Kaiser stamps.

First of all I have used  a Crafters workshop mask and some blue glimmer mist . 



Then I have added  some random  sprays of Granite glimmer mist .

Once these are dry I   have taken the top of my Mels diner  glimmer mist and used the nozzle to drip some more  mist  down the page.  Because I am impatient I use my heatgun to dry the  card between  layers!!





Finally I have used the Kaiser checker plate stamp and black soot distress ink for some funky ink marks.  Layering the  different  textures and techniques is a fun way to create an interesting background on otherwise  boring Kraft cardstock. 



I have then cut a square of Tools of the Trade  Craftsman paper and stuck this to the left side of the layout.  I have used a small strip of   Prima black box  and tucked in under the top right hand corner.  I have also used this same strip to make a  skinny banner overlayed  over the journal box with the train on it.  I have inked all edges as Ive gone to add to the grungy  look.  That includes the edges of the cardstock!!

Ive then taken  the chipboard cogs and inked them with Tim Holtz distress inks and over lapped before applying a random string of twine.




In this photo my son is actually on his bike so I have tied a gorgeous little bike charm on to the end of the string.....


I have then cut out  some of the words  from the    Engineer           paper and  raised these on adhesive foam for the title.



Add any journalling and Voila  - you are done..